Mrs Harris, Mrs Rees and Mrs Winkett would like to welcome you to our Year 2 class page.
Here we are starting another new school year and we have lots of exciting things in store this year.
Our first topic of the year is called 'Street Detectives' and we will be going on a walk around the local area to look at land use, what things are made of and how the area and school have changed.
The second topic after half term is called 'Beat Band Boogie' and we will be learning about sound and different musical eras and composers. We will also be making our own musical instruments.
You should all now have your personal loggins and each week I will be putting work for you to complete on Seesaw and Purple Mash. There are also activities set on Times Tables Rock and Reading buddies. You can contact me on:
Our Year 2 topics are:
- Street Detectives
- Beat Band Boogie
- Wriggle and Crawl
- Land Ahoy!
- Scented Garden
Knowledge Organisers for our Y2 topics
Please help your child read and spell the common exception words in these lists. Thank you.
Here are some ideas to help with your learning at home:
- Read daily for 20 mins. Visit Oxford Owls which you have a log in for and explore the books and answer the questions.
- Practice reading and spelling common exception words (lists above).
- Write a story or information text.
- Practice known handwriting joins.
- Practice the 2, 3, 5 and 10 times tables. This can be done using Rockstars Times tables which you all have a login for)
- Visit the My Maths website to complete the weekly tasks.
- Practice your number bonds to 10 (1+9, 2+8) and 20 (1+19, 2+18)
- Practice using a tens and ones grid to add and subtract two 2 digit numbers.
- Visit the Purple Mash website and complete the tasks set.
- Sing songs
- Learn a poem
- Play a board game
- Stay active, go for a daily walk, run around, kick or throw a ball around, do some keep fit.
- Bake a cake
- Practice mindfulness by doing some colouring, yoga or listening to music.
This link gives you the most up to date guidence.
Useful Websites to look at:
- Top Marks Maths
- Oxfordreadingbuddy.com (your child has their own log in details)
- Times Tables Rockstars (your child has their own log in details)
Here are some fun P.E activities to help you improve your skills.