Mrs Harris, Mrs Rees and Mrs Meddings welcome you to our Y2 page.
Here are some ideas to help with your learning at home:
- Read daily
- Practice reading and spelling common exception words.
- Practice known handwriting joins.
- Practice the 2, 3, 5 and 10 times tables.
- Practice using a tens and ones grid to add and subtract two 2 digit numbers.
- Sing songs
- Learn a poem
- Play a board game
- Write a story
Useful Websites to look at:
- Top Marks Maths
- Oxfordreadingbuddy.com (your child has their own log in details)
- Times Tables Rockstars (your child has their own log in details)
Below are some activities for you to complete at home.
New Weekly Activities
- Write a recount of your day. This could be used in history one day to show what happened during this period.
- Write a character description of a member of your family. What do they look like? How do they behave?
- Write a story involving a member of your family. Do they have to defeat a monster? or find something that they have lost?
- Write a set of family rules.
- Write a letter/email/text to a family member they have not seen this week.
- Read a book and discuss characters and setting.
- Read a book and discuss what you enjoyed most about the book.
- Read some newspapers or magazines and look for new vocabulary.
- Practice counting in 2, 5, 3 and 10.
- Add two 2 digit numbers using a tens and ones board.
- Subtract two 2 digit numbers using a tens and ones board.
- Play 'Hit the button' and focus on number bonds, doubles and halves.
- Practice reading and spelling the common exception words - after,again, any, bath, beautiful and because .
- Write the above common exception words in sentences to help clarify their meaning.
- Draw or paint a picture of a family member.
- Learn a new song and sing it to your family.
- Do some daily exercise, dance or yoga.
- Do a jigsaw or play a board game.