Mrs. Clarson & Mrs. Cole welcome you to our Year 3 page. Year Three is an exciting start to life in the Juniors.
We will be learning through the following topics.
- Gods and Mortals
- Mighty Metals
- Tribal Tales
In our class every child will be nurtured and encouraged so that they reach their full potential as authors, readers, mathematicians, explorers, creators and friends in a stimulating learning environment.
These activities are all web based. New content is added at the beginning of each week or every weekday.
- Start your day off with some P.E! Joe Wicks hosts a daily P.E. lesson at 9am from his YouTube Channel- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAxW1XT0iEJo0TYlRfn6rYQ
- Use www.pobble365.com to find a daily picture with suggested writing activities.
- MC Grammar has written a song for each aspect of Grammar to remember! Choose some Year 3 skills and enjoy listening! Find them here: https://www.theteachertrain.com/mc-grammar
- Use White Rose Maths for your daily Maths lesson https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-3/
- BBC Bitesize has a range of resources for English, Maths and all our other subjects as well. Have a look at some of the pages about things we have already studied and take the chance to research something new! https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/levels/zbr9wmn
- Don't forget stories! Access https://stories.audible.com/start-listen to hear free children's stories. All stories are free to stream on your desktop, laptop, phone or tablet.
- Also, every week day at 11am, join David Walliams as he reads aloud one of his stories in Elevenses with David Walliams https://www.worldofdavidwalliams.com
Please see below for more Home Learning Ideas.
Home Learning Ideas:
While you are at home try some of these ideas to help with your learning:
- Read as much as you can
- Practise your times tables, especially your 3, 4 and 8s.
- Practise your writing skills by writing stories, poems or songs.
- Choose some appropriate activities from your homework grid (see below)
- Practise your Year 3/4 spellings (see below)
- Use your logins to access online learning programmes (Mathletics, Spellodrome, Oxford Reading Buddy, Times Tables Rockstars, Spag.com)