A letter to Year 3 from Mr Ackling.
Mr Ackling and Mrs Davies have written a letter to welcome you into Year 4 next year! Have a read and if you have any questions then just email him using: email@example.com.
Mrs. Clarson & Mrs. Cole welcome you to our Year 3 page. Year Three is an exciting start to life in the Juniors.
We will be learning through the following topics.
- Gods and Mortals
- Mighty Metals
- Tribal Tales
In our class every child will be nurtured and encouraged so that they reach their full potential as authors, readers, mathematicians, explorers, creators and friends in a stimulating learning environment.
Home Learning- Summer Term 2
Monday 11th May 2020
Good morning, Hope everyone is staying safe and keeping busy. Keep up the good work at home - hope you've been reading lots and filling in your Reading Diaries. We've added some more activities for you to have a go at too. Have a look at the Ogden Trust link below and there are lots of good Science ideas which you'll like as I know you all enjoy this subject. Have fun! We can't wait to see you all again.
All our love Mrs Clarson and Mrs Cole.
Monday 4th May 2020
Good morning everyone!
Hope you are all well. Normally at this time of the day, we'd be taking the register, changing reading books and working out the 5 A-Day! Hopefully we'll all be together soon. Missing your smiles.
Love Mrs Clarson and Mrs Cole
P.S. The Year 3 Homework email is firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to get in touch.
Home Learning- Summer Term
Love Harry Potter? Check out Harry Potter at Home for quizzes, information and some famous faces reading the first book via YouTube. https://www.wizardingworld.com/collections/harry-potter-at-home
The Ogden Trust have put together a range of Science activities- remember to choose the Key Stage Two option https://www.ogdentrust.com/coronavirus-home-learning-resources-hub
Enjoy stories? Here are some websites where you can listen to stories for free!
Monday 27th April
Hello Year Three,
A huge thank you to all of you who have been working really hard at home and another huge thank you to all the adults who have helped you along the way. Well done to everyone who has started their home learning each day by being active. This is a really good way to start your day and helps your brain to focus so you are ready to learn and achieve. Keep up the good work.
We miss you so much.
Mrs Clarson and Mrs Cole
P.S. The Year 3 Homework email is email@example.com if you need to get in touch
Try out some Yoga with Cosmic Kids https://www.youtube.com/user/CosmicKidsYoga
Big Cat ebooks are available on Collins. Either read them or have them read to you! https://collins.co.uk/pages/big-cat-ebooks
Check out the free maths lessons on I See Maths. http://www.iseemaths.com/homelessons/
Collins are offering free access to the music resource used in school. https://collins.co.uk/pages/support -learning-at-home-free-childrenssong-bank
Enjoy the Outdoors
The Woodland Trust have some lovely ideas you can do outdoors in the garden. https://www.woodlandtrust.org.uk/blog/2020/03/kidsnature-activities-self-isolation/
Active Kids has videos to help meet your daily exercise goals
King Edwards Schools have game cards linked to different areas of P.E.- make sure you find the KS2 ones!
Optional Weekly Timetable
Worried or stressed? Here are some useful links from Childline:
Advice for Parents and Carers- https://www.nspcc.org.uk/keeping-children-safe/coronavirus-advice-suppport-children-families-parents/
Activities to help keep calm- https://www.childline.org.uk/toolbox/calm-zone/
Support for Parents and Carers with SEND children- https://www.nspcc.org.uk/keeping-children-safe/support-for-parents/coronavirus_supporting-children-special-educational-needs-disabilities/
Support for Children who have worries- https://www.childline.org.uk/kids/
Remember to use the internet safely and responsibly. If you see something that upsets you report it to an adult!
Childline's Top Tips for Using the Internet Safely- https://www.childline.org.uk/info-advice/bullying-abuse-safety/online-mobile-safety/staying-safe-online/?in_type=under12service
Updated Daily Activities:
These activities are all web based. New content is added at the beginning of each week or every weekday.
- BBC Bitesize has launched a new daily schedule, with 3 lessons a day including Maths and English lessons. It also has a lot of other resources to help with all the other subjects. https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/tags/zmyxxyc/year-3-lessons/1
- The Oak National Academy has been set up by the government and hosts daily lessons and activities for a range of subjects. They also have a daily timetable for you to follow. https://www.thenational.academy/online-classroom/year-3/#schedule
- Classroom Secrets has another recommended home learning timetable, with daily activities for you to complete throughout the day. https://kids.classroomsecrets.co.uk/home-learning-timetable/?selectedweek=20200420&selectedyear=year3&selectedday=monday#timetable
- Start your day off with some P.E! Joe Wicks hosts a daily P.E. lesson at 9am from his YouTube Channel- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAxW1XT0iEJo0TYlRfn6rYQ
- Use www.pobble365.com to find a daily picture with suggested writing activities.
- MC Grammar has written a song for each aspect of Grammar to remember! Find them here: https://www.theteachertrain.com/mc-grammar
- Use White Rose Maths for your daily Maths lesson https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-3/
- Don't forget stories! Access https://stories.audible.com/start-listen to hear free children's stories. All stories are free to stream on your desktop, laptop, phone or tablet.
- Also, every week day at 11am, join David Walliams as he reads aloud one of his stories in Elevenses with David Walliams https://www.worldofdavidwalliams.com
- Premier League Primary Stars has some different activities linked to all areas of the curriculum https://plprimarystars.com/home-learning
- Explore this space themed challenge https://www.astrosciencechallenge.com
Please see below for more Home Learning Ideas.
Home Learning Ideas:
While you are at home try some of these ideas to help with your learning:
- Read as much as you can
- Practise your times tables, especially your 3, 4 and 8s.
- Practise your writing skills by writing stories, poems or songs.
- Choose some appropriate activities from your homework grid (see below)
- Practise your Year 3/4 spellings (see below)
- Use your logins to access online learning programmes (Mathletics, Spellodrome, Oxford Reading Buddy, Times Tables Rockstars, Spag.com)